Sunday, April 5, 2015

How to pigyback a wifi gateway on an already existing wifi infrastructure system

This is an experimental method to pigyback on the PBC buildings wifi ifrastructure, or most any buildings or shops infrastructure to allow distribution of another available Internet connection to the PBC buildings already available wifi distribution.  Rather than run another wifi system to distribute my network.  I just pigy back on the already installed systems.  This can allow the users a better, faster network service than is presently normally available on the buildings wifi network or at times allow them some service even when the normal wifi service is no longer functional at all.  It was much easier before, but now the system they have installed on this buildings wifi distrubution has added some kind of arp poisoning to there security system that made it a bit more difficult for me to figure out how to do it.  So I thought I would share it here so others didn't have to go through the trouble I did to have to figure it all out.  I have not as yet added any notes on how this can also be done on windows yet but I know it can be done.  I'm a linux guy so I"m slow on windows research.  These notes, scripts and screen shots are for using a tp-link or most any box running an openwrt firmware that acts as the added gateway on the wifi system.  The client_perm_arp.sh is an example of what needs to be run on a linux client to put it in static llc mode.  The settings will be lost when the laptop or tplink box is rebooted.  If you desire it to become permanent on reboot you will have to set that up yourself.  Also for easy setup I saved a backup of the openwrt config as backup-OpenWrt-2015-04-05.tar.gz  that can be installed from luci system restore on openwrt from your browser.  for more details see the link to the files in my google drive here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4pSHwxHXW9Sd1NVWTVqa2pyazg&usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment